- Complete Ultrasonic Pulser-Receiver on a PCI format card
- High gain, low noise, broadband 50 MHz receiver
- Pulse-Echo, Through and 'Summed' receiver input modes
- Separate Gain controls for Pulse-Echo and Through modes
- Selectable high-pass and low-pass filters
- Internal Pulser Trigger rate selectable from 100 Hz to 5 kHz
- JSR Control Panel application and Software Developer Kit for Windows XP, Embedded, Vista, and Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit for all versions) are provided
The PRC50 is a versatile single-channel Pulser-Receiver on a half-length PCI card. It is ideal for use in PC-based ultrasonic testing and inspection systems, and its small size and low-power consumption enable ultrasound systems to be implemented using portable computers. The PRC50 is provided with a turnkey control software program for Windows. A Software Development Kit and Programmer’s Manual are provided for the development of custom applications.
Seven pulse energy levels and a variable pulse amplitude allow for precise adjustment of the transducer excitation pulse. The Pulser also provudes eight levels of damping for fine adjustment of the transducer performance. The Pulser synchronizes to external trigger pulses applied to the PRC50 Trig/Sync connector, or can trigger on its internal clock while providing a synchronization signal to external hardware like a waveform digitizer.
The wide-bandwidth low-noise PRC50 receiver has individual inputs for Pulse-Echo and Through transducers. The Receiver can amplify either input signal with excellent isolation between the two input signals. In addition, the PRC50 receiver can independently amplify both input signals, sum them together, and output the sum of the amplified signals. Following amplification, the receiver output signal passes through user-selectable High-Pass and Low-Pass filters, and is then presented on the PRC50 Output connector.
Connections are easily made between the PRC50 and other hardware via 50 ohm coaxial cables. The four coaxial interface connectors on the PRC50 are all SMA female.
The full-featured PRC50 is an excellent choice for PC-based ultrasonic system applications including flaw detection, quality assurance, material characterization, transducer testing, and time of flight measurements.